Thread: Its been fun!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumHotdog View Post
ImportConvert... that is a strange trade up.
Yep. Considering my demographic (24/m/single/comfortable middle-class), noone at the dealership understood it, either. I like to keep people guessing, and fully admit that I enjoy "shock value". Trade was a 2002 Infiniti G20, loaded. Trade-in was a 2001 WS6 6-speed w/black interior, also fully loaded. 149K on trade-in, 112K on the car I got for it.

OP, you may be military, but I was good friends with an E5 who owned a Z06, low 12-second EVO, a cammed GTO, a Tundra 5.6L 4-door, a $120K* house, and a lot of other cool stuff. No, the cars were "one at a time", but it goes to show that military-pay isn't at all shabby if well-managed. Further, banks are more lenient with you because they can go to your CO and garnish your paycheck if necessary. You have some serious buying-power, debt/income ratio not withstanding, if you are military.

*he sold everything he ever bought for a profit, including 20K on the house when he moved.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 11-02-2010 at 03:32 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote