View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Why are you always so negative and pessimistic on everything you post? The largest variable in the testing equation is the driver, not to mention whatever the quality of the road surface they test on is. That is not saying that is the reason for the numbers, but comparing a Mustang with a completely different rear suspension setup (tailored more towards straight line acceleration as well) to the Z is not the most direct comparison.
I call it like I see it. A 500bhp 3300# car should trap higher than 113mph. The fact that it even made it into the 12's tells me it had enough traction for better than a 113 trap if it's truly making 500bhp. The car is not making 500bhp. If you think it is, provide evidence. However, the magazine knocked around 1 second off and added 10mph trap speed--same driver/conditions. That is 100whp. That is 432bhp. May be off by 20, 30, 40bhp, but even so---it's not 500bhp.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote