View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
No more rice than the fact that a stock SRT-4 comes with simple resonators rather than an actual chamber-style muffler.

It's effectively the same modification as me taking the effort to cut into the stock Z muffler and gut some of the internals to accomplish the same sound, welding it all up afterward. I did this to my Evo before buying a proper exhaust. In fact, a well-respected, track-oriented Evo tuning company sells a modified muffler like this.

Instead, I saved myself some time and effort instead of ruining the stock muffler we might need later on down the road.

But you probably wouldn't call the latter that I described as "rice."

Your logic is flawed, it really is.
Well aside from the fact that I feel cars like the SRT-4 or Evo are kind of a "rice" car stock anyways, I don't really get the point. I don't care what people do with their cars or what people think of what I do with mine. I'm admitting that I tried the washer "mod" as well, and it was because I hated the sound (or lack there of) coming from my Z. It was more than enough to tide me over, and I can understand why people do that for $5 if all they want is more sound. That being said, I'm not sure how it's not rice to create an exhaust leak

Modifying a muffler for better air flow is different, if that is the case. What you did is NOT what I would call a rice mod because it takes some effort and skill. Just relax...the washer mod IS ricey, but I for one am saying it is a GREAT and cheap way to modify your car if all you want is a more aggressive note, whether you don't care about 20hp for $1500 or you just don't have the cash.