View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwebs View Post
That's mostly true, but I did this mod for about a week to tide me over until I got my exhaust and for one thing, I felt like I was choking a few times in my car depending on where I was at and a gentle breeze...so yeah it should theoretically be the same, but it's not. It's not going to kill you, but it is unpleasant. Not to mention the awful sound coming out of the back of the exhaust when comparing to a proper exhaust. It's a fun mod if you can't wait to get your exhaust, but it's as rice as take-out.
No more rice than the fact that a stock SRT-4 comes with simple resonators rather than an actual chamber-style muffler.

It's effectively the same modification as me taking the effort to cut into the stock Z muffler and gut some of the internals to accomplish the same sound, welding it all up afterward. I did this to my Evo before buying a proper exhaust. In fact, a well-respected, track-oriented Evo tuning company sells a modified muffler like this.

Instead, I saved myself some time and effort instead of ruining the stock muffler we might need later on down the road.

But you probably wouldn't call the latter that I described as "rice."

Your logic is flawed, it really is.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote