View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #123 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i will argue with you on that...every porsche owner ive ever known doesnt know squat about cars...they bought it because they think its fast...unless you drive a 911 turbo...your porsche isnt anywhere NEAR fast...basically what youre telling me is that the 22 year old blonde who has a rich daddy who bought her a porsche knows about cars???
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
and yes...the price off the lot does matter...for people who are actually into cars and interested in building them...it matters big time...sure you can BUY speed from a dealership...anyone can...but not everyone can actually BUILD speed

also...one point that i forgot to make (which is outside of my above comments)...the cost of ownership of a porsche compared to a Z is a HELL of big difference
you are generalizing on who you know that has had them. Ive talked to some guys that have have highend cars and they know thier car inside and out and what it can and cant do. I can say the same about people who drive the Z too. Some know and some dont, its like that for all cars. And again you are getting hung up on the money thing. Some people dont care about the money if they have the money. If a 400 hp car that cost 50,000 and 400 hp car that cost 30,00 Im going to compare based on hp not cost. That 20,000 extra wasnt spent on the engine alone but in other areas too. (the CTS V) And the Porsche has a higher reliability rating than the Z. And when you say building a car, do you mean you do all the work or just buy the parts and have someone else do the work? Cuz I would bet that a very small % of Z owners can build a fast car. You find people on the forums who know more about cars and thats why they are on here but there are plenty of Z owners who arent on a forum and drive the Z and dont change anything. Also I will say if I have the income to buy 100,000 dollar cars Im probably in a profession that requires plenty of time day and night and why would I worry about installing an exhaust myself.