Thread: Bad Dealer
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cjanik
Track Member

Drives: N/A
Cjanik has a spectacular aura aboutCjanik has a spectacular aura about

I had some shitty luck in las vegas as well.

The first dealer I went to, wouldnt even talk to me about price, they said pay sticker or get out, literally.

The second dealer (about 10 miles away), had the Tent Sale going on. They said "I cant help you today, we have to sell cars NOW, so come back on tuesday and I'll help you".

sure enough I wont be coming back. turning down a buyer in this economic times? haha!

The third dealer, another 10 miles away, did the exact same thing. The guy tried to get everything going but the boss shoo'd me off.

Apparently because they dont want to waste time on "ordering" cars, they just want to sell what they have in stock.

I was ready to give up, then I remembered of a dealership about 20 miles north of my house.

Went there and had much better luck, Finally saw the color I wanted in person. but it had no sports or nav. Told them to order it, so they got it all ready and said they need 5k deposit. I said thats fine, how much when all's done and said?

They wouldnt go below 750 over invoice. at first it was 1k. so I kept talking to them and said i'll pay 37500. They said thats 1,100 below Invoice, I said no its not, but the guy kept saying nissan does not mark up their cars more than 4% or something like that. I told him to get me exactly invoice and i'll pay that, and he kept saying OK invoice is 38,600.

I asked for proof, he said ok, BRB, and then 20 minutes later came back and said he cant get invoice because nissan USA is closed for the holidays. Come back on tuesday.

so after looking the entire day, ready to put 20,000 down, spent 2 weeks trying to buy something, I still cant buy a 370z.

I guess I got a little too deep into it, but im just trying to say, keep looking. every dealer is different and they all suck regardless.
Cjanik is offline   Reply With Quote