View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 AM   #353 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Well, there are some reasons for that.
The Camaro did not exist for how many years? The 4.6L Mustang run 0.1 second slower than the current Camaro SS and then less than a year later we have the updated 5.0L and the Mustang wipes the floor with it.
No it doesn't, depending on the magazine article you read, either car "wins" at the drags. I wish I had had a chance to run a new 5.0 in my WS6 to see for myself in the real-world, though.

What does GM do to respond, they start to rush out a z28. Not saying it was already going to happen, as it was, but countless people inside GM said the Z28 had been delayed, delayed, delayed and then they said they have been working hard for the past few months trying to get a Z28 to market quickly.
All they needed to do was shove the LSA under the hood and put some wider tires on it and stiffen the suspension a tad. They already had all the parts. Nothing seems "rushed" to me.

I will honest, I am very happy to see this fight begin again. Now if a real Dodge contender would step up, but we all know that will not happen again.
I think it's good, too. Duke it out, have some fun, talk some smack, and pump some $$ into the economy. Regardless of the brands involved, I am a fan of it, too. (The last Challenger R/T I ran was the 376bhp 6-speed version and it was weaksos. Maybe the 6.4L will be a contender?)
My 2001 F-body was just as fast as the 2010 F-body. GM failed regarding the 5th gen.

I heard the Z28 will correct interior shortcomings. If it does, then it might be something. However, I regard the 5th gen F-body as an excercise in failure. The 2005 mustang GT was WAY! better than the 2004. The 2011, way better than the 2010. The new F-body---well, I would buy a moth-balled 2002 before I would buy a new 2010. I think they look better, and they perform AT LEAST as well.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-20-2010 at 02:57 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote