View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #254 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
Lol, we all know everyone here has gone over the speed limit even if it is a little. No point in buying a car because it is faster 0-60.

I honestly don't know one person that has bought a sports car/muscle car that has never gone over the speed limit. On top of that I have never met anyone that bought a sports car/muscle car just to drive under the speed limit all the time.

I don't endorse street racing but it's a fact that everyone here doesn't follow the rules down to the teeth every minute of their lives. Also, don't get me wrong, I am all about buying cars that you love and enjoy the most. So if you want a 5.0 more than a 370z, go for it. If you are happy I am too. I don't like stomping on people's feelings unless I know they are just out of line.
Maybe he just drag-races light to light never exceeding 60 or competing against anyone else. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGizinski View Post
I care more about things like 20-80 times, they indicate more accurately how fast the car feels.

Especially when you've got cars like the EVO and STI, where their 0-60 times in the mag have very little bearing on how the car feels around town, unless you're dropping the clutch at 6k...
I agree, like I said, 0-60 is about driveline, not engine. I think the poster bought the wrong car if he bought a 370Z for 0-60 when little pocket-rockets like the EVO and STI are out there. He cheated himself out of a lot of fun on his daily commute.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-16-2010 at 05:23 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote