View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #183 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
I, for one, have not yet learned the various nuances of the 5.0 vs. the Z. I will keep reading until two or more of the following happen:

I learn what a live axel is, and what do I feed it to keep it that way? Ford has spent too much time doing that already. Let it die and replace it with IRS. It does well, but it could be better. A half-way decent IRS would be as good as this well-tuned live axle. A GOOD IRS would trump it on the street. On the track, the only advantage IRS has is negative camber. On the streets where bumps and little irregularities exist, IRS owns SRA.
I learn if it is true that a 5.0 traveling at the legal speed limit on a gentle curve will crash into the guard rail. This all depends on whether or not the guard rail is going perpendicular or parallel to the road.
I determine which car is faster in reverse (unmodded of course) The 370Z because it has more weight over the rear tires, proprotionately.
I become deeply familiar with the seats of each car, to the point where I can spout off statistics about bolstering, comfort, and head rest positioning The mustang is pretty good, the Z will hold you tight and poke you from behind. In this way the Z belongs on the set of Deliverance moreso than the Mustang, contrary to initial perception/steriotype.
I am convinced to buy a Mustang (although the magazine article has ordered my to buy a 4-door consumer grade mercedes at my age)
Fearless Leader AK is convinced to buy a Mustang, renaming the forum "theformerly370zdotcomnowthesuperiorMustang5point0. com"
: /
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote