View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #161 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Actually you will see alot of V8s going to V6 turbos, the vette is going to go that direction (wait till you see the 2014 stingray vette V6 TT) and you now see way more 4 and 6 cyl turbos out there that you did before. But some will stay V8 but most will go smaller FI.

On a side note I respect the new stangs power but still think its butt ugly and too plain for me but I know to each his own. And this wasnt directed at you M4a1 just a side note about my 2 cents.
No, the 'vette is getting a 5.5L-ish DI engine that will put out about 440bhp in the base C7, per GM. That much has been confirmed. That's about all we know, though.

The only car I know of doing what you say is the BMW M3.

Would a 2JZ fit better in the Z than the LSX, a full-assembled LSX motor is around 450#, give or take a few, IIRC. What does the Z's motor weigh, and what does a 2JZ/hair dryer weigh?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote