View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #132 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
Honestly, I am really impressed by the new Mustang; however, I'd rather have the Z. Why? Having a nicer sports car - a car they make Hot Wheels model out of, a car they feature on racing video games - is all about having something that makes you go "wow" every time you look at it. I tune and build my own performance setups, but I need something more in a sports car than just being straight up fast - be it on the strip or on the circuit. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts what anybody else thinks, but the kicker for me is to have a car that impresses me every time I walk away from it. The bright blue Evo X does it for me, as does the 370Z; every single time - "damn, self, that's a beautiful piece of machinery."

I could have a new 5.0 and boy would I make it fast, but I'd never get that warm and fuzzy feeling about it, cause at the end of the day it's still just a budget-built Ford and it just lacks that certain bit of character and charisma that the 370Z and other cars have.

Just my $0.02 USD.
I certainly see where you're coming from, though I disagree about the budget-built and character bit. This thing is built to the same standard as the Z with the same quality materials, and it certainly has character!

The Z was an amazing car to look at and very fun to drive. I always turned to look back as I walked away and it would put a smile on my face, but the driving experience was lacking for me. I missed the V8 torque I was used to and the power just wasn't there.

The Mustang really does it for me. I love the look (it makes me smile just like the Z did) and the drive is exhilarating with the Brembo package. I really love it and am very happy with my decision. I was never unhappy with the Z, it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

As you guys can tell, I'm still actively involved in the Z community. Once a Z owner, ALWAYS a Z owner as far as I'm concerned. I love the 370Z and hope to park a 370 roadster alongside the 5.0 in the future!

We really need to just take a step back and realize that these are honestly two of the absolute BEST cars you can buy under $50,000 today. There is absolutely no doubt about it... the 370Z and the 5.0 are the best values and some of the outright best cars on the road today. I'm lucky to have spent time with both.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote