View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #96 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Yeah, a cammed LSx is going to whoop up on a ton of ****.

When I had my 2003 GT I was afraid of LS1s.

When I had my 370Z I was afraid of LS1s.

Now that I have my 5.0, I'm STILL afraid of LS1s.

They are either 1) beaten to hell and run like shiite or 2) are well kept and modded to hell.

Damn you, GM.
I know of a lot of LS1's, and I know of a LOT of LS1's beaten to hell, but none of them were ever slow. POS's? Sure, but fast ones, lol. My LS1 put a lot of cars in their place that it had no business stomping.

I sold a 98 Z28 automatic with 114K miles on it when I worked at a dealership. Guy bolted DR's on and ran consistant 13.1's with it at the strip bone stock + a Flowmaster muffler (which loses hp over a stock muffler on an LS1).

Later, he dropped in a stall, cam, spray, and a built transmission he had laying around (he owned a shop) and was running consistant 10.30's@133mph. Had about $2500-3500+the trans invested.

He finally blew it up doing a wheel-stand on the street, oil starvation, spun main.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-11-2010 at 10:44 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote