View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemers View Post
Why stop at 400 hp. Because in about 10 yrs the mustang and camaro will have at least 500 hp and a 400 hp Z will be slow.
Well said. Look.... cars will continue to evolve and what we once deemed stupid fast will now become slow. Look at Nick Cage's Gone in 60 Seconds and they were drooling over the 911 that did 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. 5.3 seconds is considered slow now with the 'same' 911 doing 0 - 60 4.2 seconds.

Let's not forgot that our Z is still faster than most of the Mustangs on the road today, especially the 4.6 liter ones; but due to evolution, the Stang/Muscle Car is back on top in the overall speed catagory. It is how it should be. Heck, our Z's have the same/more HP than the R34 GTR. It goes back to the thought process of: Get the car you like for me than just magazine test and statistics. Get the car you want to have on the track/road/drag strip/car show.

For me, I would take my Z over the 5.0, Z06, and Exige all over again. Why? For different reasons depending on which one I am comparing it to.

I want to read this entire article however. Going to the store!!
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote