View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #123 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I'm really impressed with the performance of the new mustang. Even though physical changes are EXTREMELY subtle, it does look better than previous years. BUT...
I know this much... the stangs increased performance is only shown on the track. Take that POS live axle on the road and take a turn too hard and you are all over the place. God forbid its raining, that's pretty much a suicide mission with every block you drive.
Generally the stang is annoying cuz its just everywhere. That style has been in production 6 years. They sold around 100,000 a year. Between the 93-04 models and the 05-up models mustangs are utterly annoying.. I give them props for being the only sports car to stay around aside from the vette. But, I just could be part of the eternal sea of cheesy looking mustangs on the highway.
I'm sure the performance is top notch though and on track day u r sure to have loads of fun. I just hope the op has a real car for the streets. Cuz the stang outside of a track or well paved highway road sucks.

the live axle in the current 'stangs is actually really well set up. It handles bumpy roads, etc perfectly fine. The downsides of a live axle are totally overblown.

Granted, in the past they were worse, but still... people seriously overestimate the downsides...