View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute
Default A convert to AT

I went to the dealer (just a month ago now) with the idea of purchasing the touring sport with manual. The dealer only had one with AT, so I drove it. I was blown away. Floor the pedal and the AT downshifts at least 2 gears and runs straight up to the redline. This ain't your grandma's AT. I ended up buying the car I test drove.

The only issue I have so far is that the paddle shifters don't instantly change gears (as mentioned before). I am not used to the delay yet. However, in D the car almost always does exactly what I would do if I were driving with a manual.

This just doesn't feel like an automatic to me. I don't know how they did it, but now a real sports car can have an automatic! I have been driving manual sports cars most of my life. I had one of the first 240Z's.

The only upgrade I needed to make so far is a better radar dectector. Next week I get a clear bra and a backup camera. From a performance perspective I am completely happy with my Z. Though maybe twin turbos....
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote