View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
Looks like the Mustang 5.0 is the "Z replacement car of choice". This already is the 4th Z replaced by a Mustang on the forum. (as far as I have seen, there probably are more) Interesting, Ford is doing something right! I have yet to hear about someone replacing a Z with a Camaro or Charger.
Much like the Z the 5.0 is a world class handler (especially with the Brembo package) so those of us that have made the switch really don't feel like we're missing anything in terms of handling. Stock for stock the Z is more precise and quicker in transitions, but the Mustang matches it in outright grip and, based on my experiences, has better brakes (stock) and a much better balance (again, stock).

The 5.0 is a lot like the Z in that it brings in buyers who otherwise never would have considered the car before. How many people glossed over the 350 for some euro ride but were drawn in by the 370? A lot! It's the same with the Mustang. Lots of former Japanese & Euro sports car and sports sedan owners are jumping ship to try something new.
LIKE us on Facebook!