View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

I've been conversing with a company called "Amsoil" here in Canada about this very issue. Here's what they told me this week:

Dear ****,

I checked with our tech dept.

The oils that meet and exceed Nissan specification is made with PAO (polyalphaolefin) base stocks.

Ester based oils perform better when compared with conventional lubricants. While PAO has significant advantage and performance over ester based oils.

AMSOIL does make ester based oils but they are recommended to industrial application like compressor oils.

Using the recommended AMSOIL will not void Nissan warranty since AMSOIL meets and exceeds the specification and performance standards set by Nissan for the 2009 370Z with VQ37VHR engine

AMSOIL also allows the convenience of stocking one product for a wide variety of application / models.

Best Regards

Vijay Parany
AMSOIL Servicing Dealer

Direct Phone: 1-416-894-2480
Toll Free Fax: 1-888-776-5369

jsp@wboil.com
WBoil.com | AMSOIL Oil and AMSOIL Filter Products. Your One Stop Shop for AMSOIL also known as AMZOIL
AMSOIL Synthetic Oil Canada. Source of the World's Best Motor Oils and Filters

Now, I don't know whether Amsoil is available in the USA. But, I will be giving it a try when my first oil change is due. I'll keep you posted.

Here's a link to the oil they recommend: http://wboil.com/amsoil/5w30-synthet...r-oil-asl.html

Last edited by 6MT; 05-16-2009 at 02:57 PM.