View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vegitto-kun
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiontrader View Post
That is probably the one only car I was considering over $50K USD while I was shopping this summer. As a buddy put it: "I'd sell my mother to own a GT-R".

I get heresay info as well that the maintenance costs ARE staggering. I figure if you're gonna have them service that hand-built engine, it's gonna cost even more. You should research this.

I feel the same way, believe it or not: I'd miss a stick. And though I'm sure it's sick when nocking GT-R shifts doing the mid-3sec 0-60, you'll most likely drive it that way a fraction of the time. In normal city driving, it'll feel just like another slush box. If you get it, I'd definitely track it (or xcross).

One more thing - the 2009 has the first iteration of the buggy launch control. The main item steering me away from the 09's. "Never launched" was always on the "For Sale" listings, but how could you trust it 100% of the time? It has been "fixed" via software, but what the original launch control program could do to the gear box scared me enough to look at '10's instead; and those models were WAY over my price target.

Seems you can stomach the price; if you can get your arms around the maint. costs, and get an '09 that's been babied verifiably - I'd bite.

And crazy? Nah - we ALL are; especially when it comes to Godzilla.
Another person who is calling the GT-R a slushbox in city driving.

this is 100% ********.

the gear shifts are as smooth and fast as when your racing.

or you could put on the transmission to R and be even faster .
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote