View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #145 (permalink)
FlashBazbo
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z T-SP-7AT
FlashBazbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
The only Nissan or Infiniti vehicle the VPP program cannot be used for is the GT-R; every other vehicle is in the mix.

However, it is totally voluntary on the Dealer's part...some dealers won't participate at all on any vehicle; some will participate on, say, a Maxima but not on a 370, etc.

However, I believe if you call around, you'll find a dealer who will participate on whatever you want to buy although for anything in high demand; you may have to work a little harder at it to find a dealer who'll work with you.
Robert, in this area where, as you know, there's a Nissan dealer in every village, I have yet to find a Nissan dealer who is not willing to take the VPP on a 370Z. One dealer emphasized, though: "Since the 370Z is still a high-volume model, we won't be willing to take any off beyond that."

Last night, I asked the sales guy and he said, "Sure! And if you forget your certificate, I can fix you up with one myself." (He was going for your lottery number!)

By the time we left, his conscience had got the best of him. He brought it up: "Now, if you want to use your friend's certificate, I want to encourage you to do that rather than using mine."