View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Jamaica
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Under boost
Jamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post

how do you like my stock rays^

seriously though. those are the forged specialties 19" mesh wheels on stock suspension. I went with beefier tires than most people do on deep dish wheels in an attempt to lessen the wheel gap. I personally think it looks better to have beefier tires than a massive wheel gap. but anyways, that pretty much the look you're gonna get on a 19" deep dish wheel on stock ride height with a 255/40/19 up front and a 285/35/19 out back. In my mind, i was content with staying stock height, but after all is said and done, i'm still going to lower it on some coilovers.

I personally think most deep dish wheels DO look better in a 20, but i like the idea of 19's, and i think that in a flat face mesh style wheel like mine, you can get away with a 19 better than another style wheel face. I think if you're going with any other deep dish wheel design and the spokes have curvature or anything it really will look better in 20. Also, a stepped lip (i have a flat lip) will cramp things up and probably make a 19 look a bit cramped since its essentailly the face of an 18" wheel

On the plus side, with me running the beefier tires, i don't have to lower the car as much to get rid of the wheel gap which is good since i drive the car every day, so every mm of ride height makes a difference.

bottom line. if you want your car to look like the show cars in the magazines get 20's. i don't really need to have my car look like a show car, so i'm content with the 19's. 19's and 20's are both pretty big wheels anyway.
aw sorry we dont want those here