View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #439 (permalink)
TeamARK
Track Member

Drives: Black 350z/370z
TeamARK is on a distinguished road

The exhaust tone will be smoother as you break it in. We have checked for leaks and such before we shipped out the production units. Please make sure the right gaskets were used on the right flanges.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo187H View Post
The exhaust is amazing, great sound and really improves on the sound of the stock exhaust. Never mind the quality of the welds and the metal, the pieces are gorgeous. Its really shame that they need to be hidden underneath the car, I work in a car dealership as a technician and had it laid out in my spare bay all day waiting to be put on the car and all day people were stopping by commenting on how nice the parts looked.

My service manager even came out after the install was done with the car idling and said how "Thats how the car should sound stock."

I do have one very minor issue though, the flange where my right pipe and muffler piece meet doesn't meet up correctly and there is a very MINOR exhaust leak from around the gasket. Its enough to notice when checking for leaks but I couldn't hear any leak from it so I wasn't even concerned enough to pull it apart and see which piece has the warp in it.

Another question is does it open up a bit at high RPM once it breaks in? I'd love for it to have just a little more roar to it at higher RPMs. Of course I purposely bought the quietest exhaust so I could go CBE without being to loud so this really isn't at all a concern, just a question.
TeamARK is offline   Reply With Quote