View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #47 (permalink)
optiontrader
Track Member

Drives: 40th
optiontrader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercennarius View Post
I would expect Nissan to adopt direct injection on their next generation V6s. They very well may continue to evolve the VQ line as it has largely been a success for Nissan both on the cost efficient side of things as well as the power/fuel consumption side. I don't for see displacement getting much if any larger for Nissans V6s as the CAFEs fuel economy standards are only getting stricter. Direct injection would help fuel economy and torque production without increasing displacement Nissan is likely to incorporate their "DIG-T" technology found in the new MR16DDT engine in the Juke. DIG-T stands for Direct Injected Gasoline Turbo-charged, Nissans new MR16DDT has proved that this technology is both fuel efficient, good for making power, and cost efficient. I'd expect to see displacement in the 3.0L-3.8L range with something similar to the DIG-T configuration.
I believe this is the road ahead too. I'm still wondering why Nissan hasn't incorporated gasoline direct injection in their higher displacement cars yet. Even the GT-R is still conventional EFI, I believe.

40th Anniversary Z - 3M Paint Protection Film, CA Legal Tint! (70/40)
optiontrader is offline   Reply With Quote