View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Step'n370Z View Post
ABSOLUTELY LISTEN TO LOU ON THIS ONE!! My advise is to forget all about the paddle shifter and roar and concentrate on breaking in your Z as per the owners manual. Don't go over 4,000 rpm's until you are past the 1,200 miles. However, you may already have, and if so, my advise would be to stop it. Take 1,200 miles to get to know you're new Z. The 1,200 will go by fast enough. As much as I wanted to get the break in over with, I found that time to be a very special time. I really got to know so much about my Z, and realized that she has so much more to offer than just the speed and "roar." Even after the 1,200 was past, I was still in awe over what a magnificent automobile she was. Enjoy this time, she has allot to give, don't rush it, savor it.

The first thing I noticed when I broke my Z in was that as you are accelerating, just about the time you reach 3,500 rpm's, she wanted to get up and GO all on her own! Don't let her do that just yet.

Hate to see you end up with an oil burner because you rushed the break in period. You'll have plenty of time to learn about the paddles and etc. No need to rush it. I have about 6,700 miles on my Z and I won't consider her broken in till around 10,000 miles.

Of course, I respect the fact that it's your Z and you have the final say in the matter. I'm just giving you some friendly advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
Lots of engine builder posts say that's bad advice and that it is more important to avoid constant speed/constant RPM, and you want to rev it up during break-in.

And people have done soft and hard break-in and had engine oil problems, so I don't think it is that simple, but I also haven't seen anyone with a 2010 say they have had the problem.
Yes.

-------------

Not sure how either of those posts were relevant, so I won't say anything more...

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote