View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #298 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

so i fixed the worst gauge i had in the wheel spoke from the recent tire repair bozo fix... didn't take the before pict because my bb froze and was too pissed to wait for it to reload.

so i went head and filed down the raised portion of the damage from the tire mounter dork mishap (they have the right hunter tire mounter but the arse who did the repair was careless). then used 400grit sand paper, then 1500 grit sand paper, and tried 8 different kinds of metallic paints all with fail...

so i pulled out my foil tape, mounted it onto the spoke, rubbed brake dust as compound onto the foil to lessen gloss and to slightly polish to get the dark deep color to match the wheel's hypersilver color. i think turned out pretty good. my wife could not tell where i did the repair even outside in the sun.

can you tell inside the red circle?

another angle...

here is a template of the foil tape i used... it covers the entire inner side of the spoke... lol