View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #1942 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, we're f*cked.

From the guardian:

Quote:
GOAL! Switzerland 0-1 England (Rooney 10') A fine, simple goal. Walcott showed strength and intelligence in midfield before picking out Johnson on the overlap. The full-back sent a perfect low cross into the box and Rooney arrived at the edge of the six-yard box to sidefoot it into the net. He barely celebrates, possibly because he's not feeling very jolly at the moment or possibly because Walcott suffered an injury in that move and has been carried off on a stretcher.

12 min: Walcott will not be back. So on comes Adam Johnson. No confirmation yet on the nature or gravity of Walcott's injury. But it's a pity because, in keeping with his season, he had begun this match promisingly.
And I totally agree with this:

Quote:
32 min: The more this match goes on, the more shocking Switzerland's win over Spain becomes. "Arsenal players really shouldn't participate in any games that aren't for the club," fumes Rohit Kapur. "I don't know what Wenger's doing there, but the damn physio department needs lookign at. Van Persie's out till mid-October now, and now, Theo's gone. Bloody internationals ... How is a club to sail through the season if the damn boat keeps getting holes punctured in all the time?!" I understand your frustration. I was expecting a big season from Samir Nasri but he too has been struck down after a promising beginning, though not on international duity. France, in fact, could do with him in Sarajevo tonight (still 0-0 there, I beleive).
**** BUYING A GOALKEEPER, WENGER BUY A NEW MEDICAL STAFF

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote