View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Labor day was a great day for a drive. I took a buddy out in my car for his first ride. When all the cars in front of us turned into the beach parking lot, we were all alone on a coastal road. We drove the 25 MPH speed limit for a short while then WOT with no VDC and the SRM on. After demonstrating the virtues of our car he had to admit that his Mustang SVT Cobra was no competition. Just about this time we came around a turn, that the VDC would have "kicked in" to curb the fun, to find a Sheriff's deputy ahead of us driving in the same direction and he was exceeding the speed limit by 20 MPH. I stayed behind him using the 2 second rule, until he made what appeared to be a 180* turn, and drove back the other way. I kept thinking he would try and come up behind me, but my buddy said "Take it easy he's radioed ahead to his partner to nail you". Sure enough another cop was waiting behind a bush at the end of a straight away. We waved and picked up the pace a short distance later.

Labor day saw even more cops out on the coast that day, more than I have ever seen before.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote