View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #286 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe945 View Post
Its been since April that i had Ventureshield Ultra installed. My installer is top notch but we agreed to re do the bumper in the Fall. I had a scrape on it so I decided to have the frt done again. The problem is the adhesive is very difficult to remove and looks and feels sticky. Im crossing my fingers it comes out like i hoped. Ive let the installer keep my car now for over a week(he has other jobs) and added window tinting. Man, Im worried about that adhesive. Any installer have any comments? Thanks, Rich
Wow, that's pretty crazy for him to keep the car a week. I had part of my front bumper redone because it had too much bubbling around an edge, so the installer agreed to redo it for free. He simply heated it up with a heat gun a little bit, pulled it off, and then sprayed and wiped it down with the same stuff he uses to install. There were no issues and everything turned out perfect. It didn't take long at all. Granted it was only on for a couple of weeks before it was removed, but he said it was pretty common for people to replace parts of it if they get badly damaged.