Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MitzMN;704546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post

Hey, we now have identical cars.

I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting used to the synchorev, which I was so excited about.

I take it you cannot delay putting the car into the next gear or it goes crazy. I've got it (almost) handled on the upshift, which was never calling for a delay, but can't get the hang yet of the downshift. I think it's a holdover habit from previous driving and trying to avoid what the upshift now takes care off -- getting that huge rev out of the engine. Maybe it just takes a little time and practice.
We do have identical cars only you got the red I truly wanted, but was afraid to get, because of the added visibility to the police.
RE: SRM. Leaving the dealership I too remember trying to sync the engine only to have the SRM do the same thing. You will get the hang of it so do not worry. If you really can not stand it, push and hold the button right and above stick shift for about one second to turn it off. You know that it is off when the S that looks like a five, next to digital gear read out, goes out. I remember thinking, again leaving dealership with my new car, I bought a six speed but the salesman must have sold me a five speed because of that S that looks like a five.
Congratulations. You are going to love this car.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote