View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Okay, I'm really starting to think something isn't right because I don't remember this happening several months ago. Last night things started acting strange so I decided to test again. Oil temps were barely 200F so the car is supposed to be running fine and A/C was OFF! Many times I started rolling in 1st gear and briefly stepped on it. The car hesitated and slowly wind up. I can't peel out at all. It feels like starting in 2nd gear, and it feels like TCS is taking over without any indicators lighting up.

[EDIT] I went out to look at my brake pedal and noticed a couple of "normally open" switches. These switches close when the brake pedal is released. There is a plastic pop rivet of some sort that's keeping the switch held down. Both has some play, so I pressed on the rivet for each switch. One does not make any noise, but the other makes a clicking noise as if the switch is barely in the closed state with 1mm play. For the test, I'm wedging in some paper and use masking tape to offset the height and the click sound isn't there anymore. Stay tuned... out for test drive.

[EDIT] I just came back from the test drive. Initial impression = With A/C running and VDC active, I was able to fishtail the car getting out of a turn. Throttle response was immediate from down low to red light. It was linear. There's no lag at all! So I turned off the A/C, disabled VDC, and test throttle position. I maxed it out, and the engine was really alive! Man I haven't heard or felt this car's maximum potential in a long time.Time to do some more
Wait... what does that switch do exactly?

If that switch indicates to the ECU when the brake is depressed, if you disable it can you do burnouts without pulling the brake fuse? Does it cause any weird foibles if it's disabled?