View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #1929 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

****, i was wrong.

But still, f*ck tottenham.

Red I want Chamakh to do really well in the EPL, but RvP is critical to this Arsenal squad. Chamakh doesn't have the same vision as Arshavin and van Persie. Look at the delivery to Walcott for the first goal against Blackburn. We NEED him fit; I'll take a slight knock now, in exchange for a healthy RvP down the stretch runs. Especially during Interlullz

edit (i gotta rant this): Some of these 'Arsenal fans' comments towards Wenger and Almunia are flat out ridiculous. The transfer window is OVER, we've got who we've got. Schwarzer was never a good answer to our problems anyway, and people made him sound like the second coming of David Seaman (which is wrong, apparently Wocjech Sczesny is...just with a really hard name lol). I love how people go 'Oh just toss another 2 million pounds for a GK', we all play too much FIFA or Football Manager to even begin considering the ramifications of buying an old GK for double what he's worth. And admittedly, we had no chance at Given, Hart, and Akinfeev was just a smokescreen.

I think our transfer targets were pretty good. Squillaci is in, Chamakh, Koscielny is learning the EPL but can pay dividends, and best of all Fabregas has committed the season to Arsenal FC. All in all, can't complain too much. But for some 'fans' to actually go out and say 'I can't watch the Arsenal this season with that clod in goal' is amazing. Those kinds of supporters are better of supporting ManShitty, and take all their vitriol with them.

I support Almunia in goal, he looked sharp against Blackburn. With the defense sorting itself out in front of him, the goal should be locked down a little better. I am somewhat disappointed Flappyhandski is still around, he really should go on loan to a Championship level club or lower to rebuild his confidence and let him grow into the limelight. He's going to keep getting ripped apart in the EPL. I'd rather Mannone back Almunia when our No. 1 goes down with some random 'finger sprain' or something.

Last edited by phelan; 09-01-2010 at 11:20 AM.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote