View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliday View Post
That is very true about viscosity. I believe the OP was referring to the webpage on their recommendation for the 0W30. You should always choose the oil best for your local temps and driving habits. 0W30 in California this time a year might be to thin? They also list two different types of 5W30 you can use. Here are the properties for each oil:

Every oil for our 370Z
AMSOIL Product Recommendations - 2010%7cNISSAN%2fDATSUN%7c370Z%7cM

Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil
AMSOIL - Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSO)

SAE 5W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil
AMSOIL - 100% Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil (ASL)

Extended Life 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil (XLF)
AMSOIL]AMSOIL.com HTTP 404 Error
I run 0-30GermanCastrol in every car I have owned (except a 5.0 with a built (H/C/carb-conversion) engine with trouble that I never diagnosed (compression even, etc.), which DRANK oil, I ran 15-40 Rotella T in that. Horrible.)

In my LS1, it cut consumption vs. 5-30 Mobil one from 1qt/2500mi to 3/4qt 4500mi.

0-30GC is thicker than any 5/30 out there that I am aware of other than the other true group IV's like AMsoil and Redline, which I am not familiar with their ratings as I have not used them.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote