View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ryan@MRWorks
Base Member

Drives: Widebody Celica GT-T
Ryan@MRWorks is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ryan@MRWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
Go see a factory NSX before stating every car has orange peel :P

I really wish factory paint jobs were better, especially on the black cars!
I also wish factory paint jobs we're better. I've seen plenty of NSX where I work including high end exotics that need correction. I do automotive photo illustration work and one thing I do is work with car reflections and getting bodylines straight with reflector cards finding the best light for a vehicle color. I've seen thousand dollar paints jobs to 1 day paint jobs. I will say many cars from factory have orange peel only a very few rarely come out flawless even with the new technology that is being used to paint vehicles. I know many Ferrari and Lamborghini owners who have their paint constantly maintained cut and buffed to always renew that show room shine. One can only do so much to keep a car scratch free from daily driving. No need to explain this procedure in depth but if you choose to state the facts. Again, I have seen plenty of orange peel from factory vehicles direct from the dealer. Just randomly googled and found this guys thread. Acura/Honda paint is not the best paint. Not going to get into the differences between cheap and expensive paints and how it all works.
Presidential Detailed: 2005 Acura NSX SUPER RARE!! - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

Anyway this isn't an orange peel thread, back on topic