View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ryan@MRWorks
Base Member

Drives: Widebody Celica GT-T
Ryan@MRWorks is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ryan@MRWorks
Thumbs up

Thanks guys, anyway this was done around 8-10months ago I can't even remember exactly I took that shot with my cell phone while it was being worked on and its the only shot for now until the entire car is complete. This car has yet to be seen by anyone the entire car has been revamped and is no longer in the same form previously seen. We are working with other companies to get more available products for everyone here on this forum. Not sure why Nissan made such a bold statement it is the main focal point and cheapens the look of the Z with those bright silver massive handles??? Some like it, some cover it up by color matching it, and almost everyone who sees them hates it, so what we did to fix the problem was to get rid of them completely. They are even larger when compared to the new Honda Accord Coupe with the massive handles. We thought about all the negatives and positives before jumping the gun and decided to get rid of the big and ugly dreadful luggage door handles as they were killing the bodylines of the Z.

Some of the options before doing this was:
1. Key card (unlocked and opens by touch)
2. Climbing through the trunk (open the trunk jump right in)
3. Jumping through through the window (like in daisy dukes) j.k.
4. Electrical and all the nuts and bolts galore

On a serious note, the door works flawlessly it operates on a seperate keyfob like Marco stated, without disabling any O.E.M. features. As for the Ctsv coupe design comment you are very close. We have an emergency method. I will say for those who are thinking of some type of conversion or new doors handles think of all the electronics required but don't just shave the handle and call it a day by praying the battery never dies. But we worked out all the disadvantages to every issue. As for that very minor orange peel the entire car was not yet wetsanded to a smooth glass surface and the car was still quite a bit fresh from drying. The car is smooth like a babies behind now of course. When you paint an entire car wetsanding is done carefully and it is one of the most important processes to a complete and perfect shine/luster all stock Z's have orange peel from the factory. Every factory car not just Nissan has orange peel. If you don't know what you are doing good luck burning through the paint. We are so busy these days the real camera doesn't get used so often . Like I stated once before, Marco's Z no longer looks anything like it use to.