View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
ha, good one, to be honest, this is the first American car i've owned since my 89' IROC, and i'll say this, Ford has impressed the fvck outta me with this one. You would think that Japanese cars would have a smooth, notch free transmission, being that they are typically the technological pioneers with cars, but the transmission in this thing will completely and utterly blow your mind, the throws on my 370 felt like driving an 18 wheeler compared to this one, there is zero hesitation at the neutral gate between gears, its almost a straight pull. The air conditioner in the 5.0 is ridiculous, the speed choices are low, medium and f'in gale force in this thing, i love it. It also has this thing called Electronic Stability Control and Traction Control, which are two completely seperate entities in this car, you can turn one or the other off and use "Sport mode", which basically allows you to get a little crazy and still keep some stability. It also has this security package option which basically adds tilt sensors and motion detection inside the cab, it blows my mind how much technology Ford included in this thing. Now I will say this, I miss the way my Z handled, the 5.0 feels like a boat in comparison, and I miss how easy it is to whip it around, im still not 100% confident in my stang yet. I'll miss my Z, but the 5.0 is absolutely AMAZING.
Cool, man. Congratulations. I'm glad that you're happy with it. I agree that Ford has really stepped up their game in recent years, and it's nice that they finally made the Stang a fire-breathing beast straight from stock. Still not my cup of joe, but the performance numbers for the price is staggering.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote