View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Block View Post
I had a Vietnam veteran pull up to me the other day on the road in his bike asking me why I bought a Japanese vehicle and then scolded me for not supporting America. I rolled up my window while laughing and turned a different direction. I'm sure that leather vest he was wearing was made in America... or that television he has in his home.
You have to understand, when it comes to the current world auto industry, the "buy American" argument only makes sense to those who can't understand the reality of the industry today or those who refuse to understand it.

Trying to engage in any sort of logical/factual argument with those of that mindset is a waste of time because their position is not based on logic or facts; it's based on emotion and a world-view of the domestic automotive industry that may have been accurate in the 1960's but hasn't been accurate for a three or four decades.