View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boost_lee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z TT 6MT
Boost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond reputeBoost_lee has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't tried the kit, but it looks to work well on chrome parts.

That being said, I don't think you would achieve as good of a look on your base wheels as you would on your Nissan emblems. With the paint being transparent, it really needs that chrome base to 'pop' and shine. Now I know the Dupli-color metalcast paints were similar, and needed that chrome to really shine through. However, they did sell a basecoat for the metalcast paints if the object you were painting wasn't chrome or polished already. I'm not sure if that would aid with the wheels and the shadow kit. The metalcast series used to offer a smoke color, which had a similar effect like this shadow kit, but I cant find the paint at any local stores anymore...

As for re-applying the emblem, I would probably get some 3M adhesive tape to reapply them. Masking the "370z" logo will be hard on the car; I'd rather remove with fishing line or dental floss, paint, then place on a sheet of tape and use an exacto knife to stencil out the letters. Tedious work, but you wouldn't have to worry about them falling off and it would be similar to OEM.
Boost_lee is offline   Reply With Quote