View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Yeah mine never moves off of that dot either (looks like the second one below the center mark to me), regardless of oil temps. Apparently the radiator is sized well (perhaps even overdone all things considered) for the amount of heat going into the coolant, there just isn't enough heat transfer from the oil to the coolant inside the engine block to get much oil cooling done, or we'd see the water temps go up when the oil gets extreme.

.... the point was that the Water temp "Gauge" isn't a real indcator of temperature as discussed above. On my old Audi TT, there was a "smoothed" output to the gauge that essentially left it in the middle except for extremes..
The Z appears to be the same, and yes, the water cooling system seems to have enough overhead to handle most conditions which is good.....Just don't count on the indicator! My scangauge accesses the actual temp sensor output rather than the smoothed output and seems accurate to the degree. This car runs pretty cool water wise...

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote