Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
MitzMN
Base Member

Drives: '09 Red 370Z T/6MS/N
MitzMN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
I'm 62, my hair is also gray and short and I'm thrilled with my 370Z. No problems getting in or out---and countless complements on its beauty. My age has not been a hindrance or detriment of any kind to me in enjoying this car---although I bought the automatic in contemplation of possible knee and hip developments in the out years of my ownership. The automatic is plenty fun, especially with the paddle shifters. I bought the base and got a beautiful aftermarket leather interior---didn't need any of the other Touring benefits. Go for it---you're about to have one of the most thrilling experiences of your life.
Now that's what I want to hear.

I'm 54.

I own my own business.

I own my house (no more payments!!!)

I have saved all of my life for my retirement, and it's gotten me squat.

I have cash saved up to buy this car if I decide to do that.

I should just go out and do it. I might be dead this time next year and never get a chance to spend any of the money I've saved.

The real question: Can I ever go out in that beautiful car like I do my Buick, without doing my hair or putting on makeup, in my sweatpants? I think you lose your invisibility with a car like this -- especially in a rural Minnesota town where about all you see are trucks and SUVs.

But I'm ready to feel alive and have some fun again. Thanks for the encouragement, OldGuy.
MitzMN is offline   Reply With Quote