View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Test drove a 5.0 Today

Well ladies and gents, you heard it right, I went and test drove a new Mustang GT 5.0 today after my Jiu jitsu class. I basically wanted to go and find out for myself just what all the hype was about. So here are a few thoughts:

Looks wise, its a Mustang, nothing different there. I was a little bit mad because they had one there yesterday that I was supposed to test drive w/ the brembo brakes, so I didnt really get a good feel of its braking ability today.

Power, it has it. But its extremely deceptive in the way it comes on (this one in particular had 3.73 gears), I didnt get to power through any turns with it, it was all highway for me today, but the power was definitely noticeable, although I must say, as far as "feel" is concerned, it didnt feel as fast as I thought it would.

Interior, not half as bad as people make it out to be, I actually kind of enjoyed it. Now keep in mind, the one I test drove was all decked out in leather, so it probably looked a bit better than the base model. Oh, and the back seat might as well not even be there

Overall, the car itself is fun, but its not Z fun, and I wont be trading mine in for one. One major disappointment I found was that the exhaust note is ridiculously tame, at WOT, it was more quiet than my Stillen CBE/HFC setup, and coming from a V8, thats not acceptable. Now an aftermarket exhaust, particularly the magnaflow one I looked at, will make it sound great, but all stock, definitely not impressed with the sound. The car itself is fun, and if you're coming from a 4.6, or anything else that isnt a Z, the car would definitely be one to check out! Here are a few pics I took today.

Last edited by Red370; 08-14-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote