View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #1794 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow View Post
After switching to high end synthetic, I prefer it to leather. It doesn't wear down & from the beginning feels like kanga leather does after a season.

Regarding the question about balls, fewer panels on the ball equates to more aerodynamics which equates (in theory) to more goals.

I'm at sea level, so not affected as much, but I really like the Jabulani.
I had the nike vapors for awhile and some microfiber Lottos, i didnt like the fact that the material didnt conform to my foot, Roo leather just feels more comfortable to me. As far as the wear is concerned, I use Roo Goo after every match, i have a pair of Copas that have lasted me 8 seasons Also probably helps that I dont get trampled on as much as you defender/midfielder types do either

As far as goals, the American public is used to watching high scoring basketball games, football games, baseball games, whatever, and when they see a sport much like hockey that results in even fewer goals, the attention span just isnt there. So in that respect, more goals I think, would make the game more attractive to the casual American viewer.

My personal opinion, while I love seeing a boatload of goals, I also love watching a game thats back and forth, battles being fought all over the pitch, nears misses, it just makes the game more intriguing to me, nothin beats a good ol' fashioned ManUre-Arsenal game.

As far as goal scoring is concerned personally... I scored 7 two weeks ago against a team that we beat 13-0 Nothin beats it.

Last edited by Red370; 08-13-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote