View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

I ordered the Stillen kit and it should ship on Monday. Josh from Stillen who routinely posts on this forum is looking into thermostats and should get back to me tomorrow as I plan to include one in the order. If things go as planned, I'll meet with my mechanic next Saturday to install the cooler.

This has been a double edged sword for me. I don't want my car running hot as it will shorten the engine life. However, if I install the cooler and the cooler fails, the engine damage may be severe. I finally figured that if I can get the cooler installed correctly, the overall result will be beneficial. If the engine oil warning light ever popped 'on', I'd pull over immediately and check the oil cooler system first.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote