View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Oil coolers all do the same thing. The only real thing that varies is quality of the pieces and capacity.

The greater capacity you have, the better, but you will pay more for the part. The trick is to find the best balance between quality, capacity and price. Setrab makes some of the best cores available, so you want to have a setrab core. The lines and the fittings to attach the lines vary as well. Some of the best stuff you can get for the fittings is AN lines. As far as the lines go, the best thing you can do is get stainless lines. If you try to built a kit on your own, chances are you wont get as good a price even if you go directly to the manufacturers. Companies like stillen have the advantage that they can get bigger discounts on the parts and believe it or not, they are passing the savings over to us. I priced the same exact set as stillen offers and it came out to more if I got it directly on my own.

The other thing you have to take into account is that your engine is riding on this oil cooling kit. If something breaks then you are in trouble. So you want to get the best quality that you can afford. Personally, I think the Stillen is priced very well and it is made up of quality parts. You can't go wrong there.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote