View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da.Menace View Post
He didn't tell me about the repaint when I asked why doesn't the side skirt's paint and quarter panel's paint matches. He said it is how the paint settles differently on metal and plastic, which made sense in a way.
True enough. But my issue is, after taking a close look at the car and seeing the over spray inside the wheel wells, it was obvious and apparent that the side skirts had been repainted. Sorry, but I don't think doing that and trying to cover it up to customers is not an honest way of doing business.

On this particular Z, if you looked at the bumpers and rear quarters, yes, you can see a very slight difference in the white paint colour. I can accept that. But, the side skirt that was repainted has a glaring difference in colour. They didn't even come close to matching it when they repainted the car.

I guess what bothers me is they didn't disclose the repair, they tried to hide it. When I called them on it, their attidue was "it is what is, you want the car or not", Sorry, not what I want in a dealer.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote