View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #119 (permalink)
sonic370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sports PGK
sonic370 will become famous soon enoughsonic370 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to sonic370

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
It just sucks that we share the world with so many rip off artists. I once had a mortgage broker attempt to add thousands in fees at signing time, and I suspect she would have pocketed all that money herself, when I challenged her, she could not explain what she was doing, why the numbers had changed. Anyone not as adept at numbers, a customer who did not do the math themeselves ahead of time, would have been a victim.

I have also had auto mechanics shops, often dealers, attempt to steal from me on many occassions. My wife once got an $800 repair estimate that ended up requiring a fuse to resolve. I am not kidding. I went to the dealer, had a talk with the mechanic, and asked him to show me the parts I needed, which he actually made up names for - not even real parts. I have also had shops charge me for work not done - in one case I got a refund when I showed the management the brand new spark plugs their mechanic installed, which in fact had no electrodes left - discovered when the car started running on 1 cylinder.
been there done that. once had a chevy dealer tell me my vette needed a complete ac unit which would run about 1200. took it to my local guy the ac belt had broken off cost me 49.95 to fix.
sonic370 is offline   Reply With Quote