View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #169 (permalink)
westpak
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 350Z DB
westpak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Really? Are you sure? I have the exact same headers.

Wow very nice wrap job, I guess I should have clarified that it is not the kind of job possible for a decent amount of money, between the heat wrap and the time we would have to charge about 300 bucks, probably not worth it to many so I didn't try to sell the job specially since it was coated already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
There may be some mis-communication going on here. The stock manifolds and cats do have a gasket from the factory. Last I heard from Stillen, they were saying re-use factory gaskets at the header<->cat junction, whereas Berk supplied aftermarket graphite gaskets (very different than stock) with their HFCs for the same junction. I used the ones from Berk in my install. There's no way that interface is supposed to be gasket-less. It's two pipes mating at a flat junction with 3-bolt flanges, there's no overlap or slipfit involved.
There is a protrution of the cats into the headers. I specifically asked Stillen if there were any gaskets that should have come with either the headers or cats and he said that they just bolt up without one, so we moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I hope they figured it out and put the ring on during the install. Otherwise this whole confusion is going to mean more $ in labor for me.
No sweat we will figure it out, lesson learned is to double check even if the manufacturer of the product tells you it is ok, I should have gone with my gut feeling and not settled for explanation.
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote