View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #111 (permalink)
BrianMSmith
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, Ducati 748S
BrianMSmith will become famous soon enoughBrianMSmith will become famous soon enough

It just sucks that we share the world with so many rip off artists. I once had a mortgage broker attempt to add thousands in fees at signing time, and I suspect she would have pocketed all that money herself, when I challenged her, she could not explain what she was doing, why the numbers had changed. Anyone not as adept at numbers, a customer who did not do the math themeselves ahead of time, would have been a victim.

I have also had auto mechanics shops, often dealers, attempt to steal from me on many occassions. My wife once got an $800 repair estimate that ended up requiring a fuse to resolve. I am not kidding. I went to the dealer, had a talk with the mechanic, and asked him to show me the parts I needed, which he actually made up names for - not even real parts. I have also had shops charge me for work not done - in one case I got a refund when I showed the management the brand new spark plugs their mechanic installed, which in fact had no electrodes left - discovered when the car started running on 1 cylinder.
BrianMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote