View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #1037 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
Stormcrow: yes you are vindicated for being skeptical. I am a skeptic as well. I took issue with you previously because some of your posts were inflammatory and were perceived as attacks on certain people. You've been much nicer lately though. :-)

I'm hoping that Stillen will address the tuning issues and that the end product will be safe and will have an output that is in line with what they advertised, so that they are vindicated.

It does seem unusual that they only shipped a few kits with the original pulley, then very early on, pulled the kit, added a new pulley and a new tune....presumabley a tune they have tested......but then have still kept the old press release for all of their advertising material and no new press release or dyno figures have been offered.
Phim, it was more than skepticism for me. I have had previous experiences with the Stillen products and, in turn, offered my POV when seeing the very same sales tactics and promises that lured me in and duped me. My vindication stems not from being a skeptic and being proved correct in that arena, but from being proven correct that the very same issues are created repeatedly at Stillen. I would have no issue with this company if they approached their clientelle with truth instead of false promises, stall tactics, flimsy excuses and outright untruths.

In truth, I am sorry that you had to suffer the same fate as I. But, at least you are an intellectual person who can now help other members of the community through voicing your experience. Good luck to you, sir, on getting things sorted.
stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote