View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #226 (permalink)
NewYorkJon34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Fairlady Z
NewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
It's OK in my opinion if the items are really just cosmetic anyway (i.e. you couldn't save any weight with a carbon fiber replacement). Badges, grille covers, mirror covers, etc. To wrap your hood or fenders in CF vinyl or real CF would be kind of trashy... I'm beginning to really dislike CF panels anyway except on black of dark grey cars. It's really, really played out at this point. Just too clashy for my tastes.
If your going to carbon fiber something like a hood or any body piece for that matter then its been to do it right and buy the piece made outta real carbon fiber. I don't think carbon fiber is played out, its just everyone forgot that too much carbon can be a bad thing & if you add too much it can ruin the clean look of the car. If I were to get a vented carbon hood, I'd paint it either all white or just leave the vents showing the carbon while the rest was white.
NewYorkJon34 is offline   Reply With Quote