View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare06 View Post
Considering a tuner and exhaust puts you in the 13 second range, I think its quite impressive... They have diesels with a drop in Garrett and a tune running 11s and 12s. Not bad for a 6000lb truck.
Not sure where you heard or read that, but it takes a LOT more than just a programmer and exhaust to get a truck into the 13 second bracket. They start out running anywhere from low 18's to high 16's. Many more supporting mods are necessary to get a truck to run fast. $20k+ on top of an already $40-50k truck to reach the 12-11 second range reliably.

My point wasn't that diesel trucks are slow - if you lived here after having lived in Texas, Arkansas, or any other actual rural, farm-based area, you'd know how retarded diesel guys here are. Who lifts a diesel truck anyway? I think it's a lot more impressive to be able to tow ungodly heavy trailers than to run the quarter mile in 13.8 seconds, with a 14 inch lift and mud tires on. It's just dumb, kind of like the dipshits from Arkansas that try to race you in their tricked out Chevy 1500 or whatever.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote