View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Try it again...Whenever I've purged PS systems I've had both wheels off the ground and cycled things left and right several times with no load on them...
I can certainly do it again. However, I had the whole car on jack stands when I did it the first time. There isn't any noise when I turn the wheel lock to lock now (doesn't sound like a pissed off PS pump), and the sound is minimal when the engine is cold. As things heat up though, the throttle-related whir sound gets louder. I'm about to chalk this up to being nothing to worry about. FWIW, I'm using Redline PS fluid...anything fishy about that?